Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Heart of Gold finds a new Mother Ship

I am so excited to announce that I finally have wedged my way a full halfway into the proverbial library door! I am now a half-time Children's Librarian in a local branch of my library! I now can start doing storytimes, programming, reader's advisory, and collection management. So,yay!

Though I am sad to leave my old crew at our main library, I love the people at my new branch. My personality seems to fit right in and they are all extremely welcoming. I already feel at home, and it is a much more intimate place. I mean that in all the right ways.

UPDATE:  I wrote this draft about 8 months ago. I quickly found that the work-load for a part-time juvenile librarian left no time for blogging. So I apologize profusely for the tardiness of the actual post. This month I accepted another promotion and moved branches again.

It has been a bit of a whirlwind. I can say that after my first week, I love my new branch, and miss my old branch terribly. I made a lot of good friends and learned from some amazing librarians and paraprofessionals!

But now it is on to a new career adventure. New co-workers, and patrons to get to know. New branch policies. New collections and programs.

And hopefully, more time to write down my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment